Monday, December 3, 2012

Students with technology

As I looked around to observe students here at Arizona Western I noticed something that was very common everywhere I looked. All of them were involved in their technology devices! On Monday’s and Wednesday’s I have two classes so I decided to observe both of those classes. My child development class at 9:25 is all girls, not a single guy. So as I observed everyone during lecture time, thirteen out of the fifteen had their phones out on their desk. Even if she wasn’t using it, the cell phone was still sitting right there. About six of the actual fifteen of them would pick it up to text, and the other nine would just do looks at the time. My second class is a mixture of boys and girls, almost the same amount. There were about twenty students in class that day and I saw about twelve using their phones, and three of them that were listening to their I pods the whole class time. Now when I was walking between classes I saw about seven people texting, three people actually talking on their phones, and I saw four different groups of people meeting up talking face to face. I would also see a couple people walking with one other friend talking to each other, but even then they still had their phones out texting. Now when I’m at softball practice, sixteen out of the eighteen girls look straight at their phone right when practice ends. As the girls are taking off their cleats they grab their phone and start reading their messages. Technology has taken over our lives!



                                                            Funny conversation phone calls between two different people just walking by.

No comments:

Post a Comment